Life in Hollywood, below-the-line

Life in Hollywood, below-the-line
Work gloves at the end of the 2006/2007 television season (photo by Richard Blair)

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dispatch from the Home Planet






















Take me to your leader...

Still back on the Home Planet, far from the gravitational flux of Hollywood and the LA Basin. The natives here on this remote outpost have taken to worshiping a strange new god -- I tried to get a closer look at this modern-day Golden Calf, but recoiled when a strident cry from deep within the fiendish device began shouting "Danger Will Robinson!"

It was all I could do to snap this quick picture, then run for my life as an angry mob of locals came after me with pitchforks and torches.

Who knows what all this means? We are indeed living in the strangest of times -- and friends, the Cosmic Shit has only just begun to hit the Almighty Fan...

Hobbled by my anemic dial-up Internet connection (here on the Home Planet we still communicate with empty soup cans connected by string) I will not resume serious posting -- whatever that means -- until I make my flaming re-entry to Southern California. I can only hope my ship's heat shields hold up...

Meanwhile, you could do a lot worse things with your idle time than to click on over to my own favorite blog and read this. It has nothing to do with Hollywood or the film industry, but everything to do with real life -- and is one beautiful piece of writing: short, bittersweet, and to the point.*

You'd better read it fast, though -- if the True Believers out there are right, time is running out...


* To fully grasp the meaning of this piece it will help to know a little something about Khe Sahn. Click here for a brief-but-succinct Wiki-explanation.

No comments: